Pilates First with Lebron James
Stars from all major sports, including basketball, football, soccer, tennis, golf, etc. have chosen Pilates for helping them either develop or maintain their core strength and flexibility – key components to staying at the top of their game.
Even Hollywood has jumped on the Pilates program. Story has it that Daniel Craig utilized the benefits of Pilates and yoga in his preparation for his role in the Bond movie Quantum of Solace. Our private Pilates program will help you prepare for your next Bond adventure, or for anything else that life throws at you.
“The Professional Golf Association describes Pilates and golf as a “perfect match,” and claims that Tiger Woods and Annika Sorenstam practice the method to improve their games and prevent injuries.” – Livestrong
According to Men’s Fitness magazine, there at least 5 reasons that men should incorporate Pilates into their lives:
Pilates exercises are made up of subtle, concentrated movements that can help you do the following:
1. Develop sometimes neglected muscle groups. Some muscles, such as many that dominate your daily movements, are stronger than others. A big part of Pilates is focusing in on those muscles that don’t typically get a lot of attention. Pilates is similar in ways to MAT training in that you move in certain ways to build muscles that you don’t hit while lifting.
2. Increase flexibility. Generally, the more muscle-mass you have, the less flexible you may be. But Pilates focuses on stretching that helps prevent injuries and muscle strains, helping increase your range of motion.
3. Build your core strength. Each Pilates exercise focuses on using your core to deliver movement into your limbs. Pilates also uses your transverse abdominals, the base ab muscle under your six-pack.
4. Live more consciously. Pilates forces you to focus – you’ve got to pay attention to your breath while working through each movement and concentrating on proper form. After a Pilates session you’ll feel refreshed and relaxed, which may even carry over into the next day.
5. Have better sex. Pilates strengthens the core and the pelvic floor, and men who practice it have greater control of this region of the body–need we say more?